to obtain higher education at the State Institution of Higher Education
"University of Educational Management" in 2023
(Order №276 of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of March 15, 2023 and was registered by the Order № 519/39575 of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine
of March 28, 2023)
Peculiarities of admission of foreigners and stateless persons to higher educational institutions
1. Admission of foreigners and stateless persons to SIHE “University of Educational Management” is done in accordance with the Laws of Ukraine “On Higher Education”, “On Legal Status of Foreigners and Stateless Persons”, “On Ukrainians Abroad”, “On Refugees and Persons in Need of Additional or Temporary Protection", Decree № 271 of the President of Ukraine of June 3rd, 1994, Order № 1541of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of November 1st, 2013, "Some issues of recruitment and training (internship) of foreigners and stateless persons", registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on February 10th, 2020, at № 153/34436.
Citizens of the Russian Federation and the Republic of Belarus, who do not have a permanent (temporary) residence permit in Ukraine, are admitted to study with the individual permission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
2. Foreigners and stateless persons (hereinafter - foreigners) may obtain higher education at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities, unless otherwise provided by international treaties of Ukraine, the binding nature of which is approved by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, legislation or agreements between higher educational institutions on international academic mobility.
Admission of foreigners and stateless persons, including foreign Ukrainians who permanently reside in Ukraine, citizens of the Republic of Poland, persons recognized as refugees, and persons in need of additional protection, to state-funded places is carried out in accordance with these Rules. The admission of other categories of foreigners to the University for studying in places ordered by the state is carried out within the quotas for foreigners.
Admission of foreigners to obtain the degrees of Junior Bachelor, Bachelor, Master’s and Ph.D. is carried out on accredited educational programs. The State Institution of Higher Education "University of Educational Management" may also accept foreigners for postgraduate, doctoral, preparatory faculty (department) programs, study of the state language and / or language of instruction, as well as for postgraduate education, certification training and internships.
3. Admission of foreigners for training may be carried out in person and / or distantly (online). The validity of the invitation to study is not more than 1 year from the date of its registration in the Automated System "Electronic Journal" of the state enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine. Only those foreigners who have received an invitation to study registered in the Automated System "Electronic Journal" of the state enterprise authorized by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, received a range of information and consulting services, and received a visa for study to enter Ukraine can participate in the distant application for training (except for citizens of visa-free entry countries) for the purpose of study or have carried out the procedure of legalization of education documents in the country of their issuance: (have carried out legalization at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the country that issued the education document; have carried out legalization at the consular department of a diplomatic institution of Ukraine abroad (consular legalization or apostille)).
In order to organize the distance recruitment of foreign nationals for higher education, the University enters into an Agreement with a partner organization that is a resident of the country of origin of the entrants. The subject of the Agreement is the provision of identity identification services, verification of original documents of entrants, organization of reception of entrants' applications in electronic form, provision of premises and technical means for consultations and entrance examinations by higher education institutions in remote format.
The Agreement can be signed with organizations that meet the following requirements:
- compliance of the area of premises for remote submission of documents, consultations and entrance tests with the established norms of quarantine restrictions in the country where recruitment is carried out;
- providing entrants with personal protective equipment;
- providing a procedure for identifying entrants using face recognition technologies, which includes verification of personal data (surname, patronymic (if available)), biometric data and their verification with the official (state) database;
- ensuring control over compliance with the requirements of academic integrity during the entrance exam for foreigners; providing a place to store the entrants' phones, tablets and other electronic devices confiscated during the entrance examination;
- providing a device for suppressing cellular and Internet networks;
- providing video surveillance around the perimeter of the auditorium where foreigners take the entrance exam by installing at least two video cameras;
- providing technical equipment for video communication with the examination commission of the educational institution in real time (computer, video camera, microphone, TV or projector with a screen);
- the presence of at least two employees in the auditorium to monitor compliance with the requirements of academic integrity and technical support during the entrance exam for foreigners;
- providing all entrants with individual computers connected to the online platform of the institution, through which the entrance exam for foreigners will take place;
- providing consultations and trainings before the entrance exam for foreigners in order to get acquainted with the rules of its preparation in the remote form and use the online platform;
- providing video recording of the entrance exam, transfer of video material to the educational institution through the online platform, storage of information and video materials after the entrance exam for foreigners for five years in a partner organization.
In the case of distantly admission, the foreigner sends legalized and notarized copies of documents on previous education to the University by postal means. At the first crossing of the state border of Ukraine and upon arrival at the University the foreigner hands over the original documents in person.
4. Enrollment of entrants from foreigners to study at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities may be carried out by the University:
- two times per year within the deadlines set by the Rules of Admission for obtaining Junior Bachelor's, Bachelor's, Master's degrees or preparatory department;
01 June 2023
01 June 2023
Supporting documentation deadline
30 November 2023
30 November 2023
01 July – 30 November 2023
01 July-30 November 2023
20 July – 15 December 2023
20 July – 15 December 2023
The State Institution of Higher Education “University of Educational Management” calculates the points / grades of the entrant on the basis of the document on the previous level of education and sets the minimum number of points / grades in general education subjects required for entry of foreigners. Enrollment of foreigners in the appropriate level of higher education is based on the results of entrance exams for foreigners in certain subjects and languages and on the basis of academic rights to continue education, provided by the document on the level of education in the country of origin and taking into account the right to continue education at the next level of higher education in accordance with the legislation of the country that issued the document on the degree (level) of education.
5. All categories of foreigners entering university are enrolled in the SIHE “UEM” on the basis of Admission orders. Confirmation of the fact of training can be a certificate generated in EDEBO (Unified State Electronic Database on Education).
6. The University requirements for compliance of entrants from among foreigners who came to Ukraine for study, with this Procedure and the Rules of Admission, as well as deadlines for applications and documents, entrance exam for foreigners and admission are specified in the Rules of Admission and published on the official website of State Institution of Higher Education "University of Educational Management".
7. Foreigners arriving in Ukraine to participate in academic mobility programs or to obtain higher education in educational programs agreed between Ukrainian and foreign higher educational institutions shall be admitted to study subject to the contractual obligations of the relevant higher educational institutions.
8. Foreigners and stateless persons, including foreign Ukrainians who permanently reside in Ukraine, citizens of the Republic of Poland, recognized refugees, and persons in need of additional protection have the right to obtain higher education on an equal basis with citizens of Ukraine, including at the expense of the state or local budget, except for the exceptions established by the Constitution of Ukraine, laws of Ukraine, or international agreements whose binding consent was given by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
9. Foreigners and stateless persons applying for admission to State Institution of Higher Education “University of Educational Management" provide the following documents:
1) a document (original and its copy) on a previously obtained educational (educational-qualification) level;
2) an appendix (original and its copy) to the document on a previously obtained educational (educational-qualification) level (if available);
3) an academic certificate issued by a foreign/Ukrainian educational institution (in case of transfer or resumption of studies, starting from the second year, an academic certificate is added);
4) the original and a copy of the document containing information on the content of the educational program for the previous degree (level) of higher education, credits received duration of study and success in academic disciplines (in case this information is absent from the appendix to the education document), when applying for a Master's degree if the absence of this information makes it impossible to recognize the qualification according to the document;
5) a copy of the passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying the identity of a stateless person;
6) 4 passport-sized photos measuring 30 × 40 mm;
7) Copy of Ukrainian abroad Certificate (if available);
8) Foreigners who apply for studies under academic mobility programs submit documents approved by the admission rules of the higher education institution and/or provided by the requirements of international programs and/or agreements under which academic mobility is implemented;
Documents specified in subparagraphs 1-5 of this paragraph must be translated into Ukrainian with notarized translation certification.
Documents specified in subparagraphs 1-4 of this paragraph must be certified in the country of issuance in a manner officially applied in that country for such certification and legalized by the relevant foreign institution of Ukraine, unless otherwise provided by international agreements of Ukraine.